August 28, 2018 at 11:46 PM
Yes, but many like them. DOn't front.

Actually there is power considering like 99% of the complaints are from females about men, putting men on the hotseat.
And you honestly seem a bit into yourself. @Ruth4truth

Actually they do, b/c th emovement isn't just about power. Some of the women sounding off in that thing simply had regrets about bad dates or sleepovers, or "sexually charged" conversations.

August 28, 2018 at 11:52 PM
Are there women "joining" the movement because of regret of bad dates and other things you mention? Yes, that is happening.

Is that happening in massive numbers? No, not at all.

And are those women being called out for not understanding the difference? Yes, yes they are.

Stop playing the outlier and understand what is really happening in droves.

August 28, 2018 at 11:56 PM
I think men are being overly paranoid. If you pay attention to the person you are talking to, it's trivial to figure out what they are comfortable with and what they are not. A compliment is not automatically offensive.

August 28, 2018 at 11:58 PM
If only. It is yet another political movement masquerading as some sort of cultural/moral awakening. Predictably, the accusations against public figures grow more and more dubious.

We will have more and more women in their forties and fifties who are unmarried, childless and miserable. Call it the "Chelsea Handler Effect." (My understanding is that she has now resorted to sending expensive gifts to pro athletes hoping to get a taker, but alas, there are none.)

August 29, 2018 at 12:22 AM

''Sweetascanbe on 08/28/2018 11:52 PM

Are there women "joining" the movement because of regret of bad dates and other things you mention? Yes, that is happening.

Is that happening in massive numbers? No, not at all.

And are those women being called out for not understanding the difference? Yes, yes they are.

Stop playing the outlier and understand what is really happening in droves.''

From what data/evidence are you drawing these conclusions?

It feels good to be runnin' from the devil. Another breath and I'm up another level.
It feels good to be up above the clouds.
It feels good for the first time in a long time now.​
August 29, 2018 at 12:33 AM
There are power differentials and hierarchies in every situation, most certainly at gyms. His sociological observation is worthy of more exploration and it undoubtedly will be studied, regardless if adherents to insipid feminist belief systems object or not.

August 29, 2018 at 11:46 PM
Feminazis are beating their pecs in triumph.

Stupid-assed males still don't get it.

August 30, 2018 at 9:40 PM
Compliments don't bother me.

Inapprppriate/unwanted sexual advances however.....

September 1, 2018 at 2:52 AM
Focus on work when you are at work. @TW

September 6, 2018 at 2:46 AM
Have you even been paying attention to the #metoo stories? They aren't about compliments from coworkers. They are about people losing jobs because they said no to sex with their boss.

September 7, 2018 at 1:48 AM
It's a natural backlash. When people are made aware of negative behaviors, the tendency for many is to just go overboard the opposite direction -- until they learn how to act right.

Of course, some never do learn.

November 5, 2018 at 3:51 PM

I fear we're getting away from the true meaning of the METOO movement and getting back into why certain dudes just HATE women. I agree with many posts but in particular, the one who said, the people who have a problem with the movement, actually are the ones with the problem. They've been inappropriate in some way, don't like that they're responsible for THEIR behavior and are now worried everything they worked for, including stepping on women to get there, is going to be lost. It's so ripe with holes that I don't even know where to begin. Talk about OFF topic...